Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reversing the clock to run from childhood days is not possible but getting the childhood days dream to reality, yeah thats what happen to my last weekend. I finally got my GTS on to my hand.
It been a week since I spotted my Rajdoot GTS bike, ever since I was in constant touch with the person who sold it to me for making sure that the bike has not been offered to anyone. Last friday my trip to my home town is only with the final dream of owning the GTS. Saturday morning I have caught a bus that was going from my hometown to Vellor (thats where I got my Bobby). I reached the place just in the forenoon, even before buying the bike the ex-owner told me that the bike's carburator is Pacco one the same is been used in Yezdi motorcyles. He told me that the ideling screw in teh carburator was gone missing and he couldn't source one too. Along with that he also told me there is not key even thought the ignition assy is present on the headlight dome.You know what, I had spare keys and idling screws on my bag when I landed at the venue. The ex-owner was stunned to see the tiny items when i pulled it out from the pant pocket. In about few minutes we have fixed the screw and instered the key. The fuel tank was empty but some one poured water in it. So I had to clean before fueling the bike.

I pushed the bike to petrol pump and loaded four liters of petrol with 100ml 2T oil. While trying to close the tank lid, it got broken into two piece, there you go the first age showing factor happened. I happily got the bike started just with the temporary lid from the broken pieces. There you go I had to under go second issue now within a kilometer after fueling the bike. The rear trye's tube valve got burst.

Phew, I was left with the Bobby bike on the pavement of the road.

Oh boy, I called the mechanic to get the tube fixed, After removing the rear wheel he took me to a automobile shop.
We went to a automobile shop to buy a tube and I got the fuel tank like and few tool that are necessary. I didn't forget to take a spare spark plug.We got the tyre fixed with a new tube, though we were required to visit a tyre work shop for the same, but it was quick action.

Wow we could fix the fuel tank lid while my mehcanic refixed the wheel. To my bad luck the bike was flooding a lot, we got the carburetor opened and found lots of water in it which would have been flown from the unused tank. This time the bike failed to start even after couple of kicks The mechanic opened the spark plug and found it has been already worn out, hurray my new spark plug immediately came into action. That was the last thing I did for the bike then I drove it to my hometown which was around 100kms from Vellor. On the way back to home collected a brand new chain for GTS.

I must say, no other bike in the country would have gained such an attention like GTS. WoW in a moment I became the hero in Bobby movie, though there is no short skirt, fine legs dimple on my rear seat I did see the bike taking eyes of approaching people.

I was driving though the country side roads and each and every one, some places I did noticed some people lost their concentration on their activities and started looking at the bike. Kinds pointed fingers, Yelders remembered Dimple I guess, Youth was envying me, Girls were laughing, Some were simling, Mechanics enroutes wanted to stop and ask me more about the find and in fact a forigner wanted to take picture of my bike too.

I never tought GTS would have receive such a reception on the road, almost after 2 decades the people in my home town witnessed this bike. I'm sure the youth would have not seen this bike in their lifetime and started asking me if I did modify some other bike to look like this small. I remember another guy asking me if I modify a bike to teach my kids how to ride motocycle.

It was a great experience and I completely enjoyed my 1st Rajdoot GTS driving experience.When reached home My kids felt the same as me in my childhood, they said to me that this is their bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment